The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea’s Corporate Services Small Grants Fund 2016-17 opens from 1 October and voluntary and community organisations working within the borough have until 12 noon on Saturday 22 October to submit their applications. This is the second round of the grant fund this year, and a pot of £15,000 is available to be divided between successful applicants.
Applications must meet the criteria and meet at least one of the following service priorities:
- information and advice
- community engagement
- infrastructure and capacity building
For a flavour of successful applications, previous grants have been awarded for:
- projects for youth peer-to-peer mentoring and employment training;
- some costs for community events, including marketing materials;
- essential computer equipment and technology, or for rental of such equipment;
- training for volunteers and volunteer expenses; and
- small scale improvements to facilities, refurbishment and repairs of buildings and spaces, e.g. installation of a chair lift.
Further information, including the application form, can be found on the RBKC website.