Kensington and Chelsea residents! Love your library? Or wish you could spend more time there and help out other locals? If so, the Royal Borough’s Library Service are looking for people to volunteer to help them deliver a fantastic range of classes, services and sessions for residents of all ages.
There are a great range of opportunities available, each with varied time commitments and required skills/experience, including:
- becoming an Online Assistant and helping people get to grips with things such as organising files, online shopping and using applications such as Skype;
- helping to plan Children’s and Young People’s activities, particularly through half-terms and the Summer Reading Challenge;
- mentoring in homework clubs for children between 7-11 years old and helping them navigate the Library’s collections.
- supporting the borough’s Adult Learning programme in Libraries in areas such as literacy, numeracy and ESOL; and
- planning and delivering weekly reading groups to share stories, poems and novels with others over tea and biscuits.
More information on these opportunities – and how to sign up – can be found online at the Team Kensington and Chelsea volunteer portal, along with other ways you can lend a hand in Council services.