Kensington and Chelsea voters – the referendum on the UK’s membership of the European Union will take place on Thursday 23 June 2016.
And to help you, the Royal Borough’s Elections Team have put together a few FAQs and key dates:
What is the referendum about?
A referendum asks you to vote on a question.
At this referendum, the question is ‘Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?’
Can I vote in the referendum?
You can vote in this referendum if you are registered to vote in the UK, are 18 or over on 23 June 2016 and are:
- A British or Irish citizen living in the UK, or
- A Commonwealth citizen living in the UK who has leave to remain in the UK or who does not require leave to remain in the UK
- A British citizen living overseas who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years
- An Irish citizen living overseas who was born in Northern Ireland and who has been registered to vote in Northern Ireland in the last 15 years
Key dates to note for the referendum
- Deadline for Registering to Vote: Tuesday 7 June 2016
- Deadline for Postal Vote applications: Wednesday 8 June 2016
- Deadline for Proxy Vote applications: Wednesday 15 June 2016