Kensington and Chelsea groups! Sport Relief and the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund have teamed up to make £1 million available to help you make a difference in London.
Grants of between £5000 and £20,000 are available to small community and voluntary groups as well as social enterprises across all London boroughs.
Successful applications will demonstrate that there is a clear benefit to people who are excluded or disadvantaged through low income, rural or social isolation, age, disability, race, sexuality or gender.
Priority will be given to:
- Small, locally based groups or organisations working in areas of disadvantage
- Organisations demonstrating a clear understanding of the needs of their community
Organisations can apply for funding towards work that addresses one or more of the following themes:
- Tackling educational disadvantage
- Getting people into work
- Fighting gangs, knife and gun crime
- Improving physical and mental health
- Addressing other manifestations of poverty such as homelessness, pensioner poverty or the working poor
Further information and the application form can be found dispossessedfund.org.uk. Applications close on Friday 6 May, 12 noon.