As we move into the new year, it’s time to take a look back through the Community Noticeboard and City Living, Local Life website at some of the 100+ projects your councillors have supported this year in collaboration with local community groups and residents.
So, do have a browse of the articles below, and if any of the stories inspire you to start something good in Kensington and Chelsea we’d love to hear from you at email@example.com!
2015 was a busy year for City Living, Local Life, with local people working across the borough in different wards to:
- capture North Kensington oral history with local schoolchildren and older people in Notting Dale, Dalgarno and St. Helen’s (which we covered in a City Living, Local Life case study);
- cook up a storm and share stories with Al-Hasaniya in Golborne;
- get festive in Earl’s Court with the first ever community Christmas lights and celebrating the festive period in Brompton and Hans Town;
- help the Salvation Army replace IT equipment stolen in a burglary in Colville;
- keep the World’s End planters looking SMART in Chelsea Riverside;
- open a community garden in Stanley-based Chelsea and Westminster Hospital;
- promote shopping locally at Stratford Road in Abingdon;
- record the experiences of those arriving in North Kensington from the Caribbean with From Home To Home in Norland;
- restore Christ Church Kensington’s community garden to its former glory in Queen’s Gate;
- showcase local film at the Earl’s Court Film Festival with Redcliffe;
- support older residents to combat isolation in Campden and Royal Hospital; and to
- upgrade the resident-ran St. Quintin’s Park Film Club in Dalgarno.
If you would like to find out more about these projects, the many others we’ve supported in 2015 or have an idea that you would like to explore, then get in touch!