There’s never been a better time to be involved with the Victoria and Albert Museum, the world’s greatest museum of art and design as over the next few years they are undergoing an exciting transformation to further open up the Museum for all.
Visitor Experience volunteers will have the chance to meet a variety of people, make friends and learn new skills working alongside knowledgeable and experienced members of staff to create unforgettable days for visitors to the V&A.
As a volunteer you will be:
- Providing a primary welcome to visitors;
- A visible, engaging and friendly presence at the public entrances and the new Mobile Resource Unit at weekends;
- Offer information about the museum’s layout and its collections
- Deliver orientation talks;
- Act as ambassadors for the institution, help visitors to interpret the collections, whilst encouraging them to engage with the V&A’s public program;
- Promote commercial activities;
- Help increase donations by raising awareness among visitors of the museum’s charitable status.
All volunteers will be asked to commit to at least six months, working once a week for half a day.
Anyone is welcome aged 18 years and over, regardless of background or experience. All you need is ENTHUSIASM.
Closing date for applications: 18 October 2015.