Would you like a temporary role working out and about in your local area?
If you like talking to a wide range of people, DisabledGo’s surveying opportunities available in Kensington and Chelsea could suit you.
DisabledGo are looking for surveyors to conduct research on behalf of Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea to provide an access guide to the city, by including a variety of local venues in the guide, which will be published on www.disabledgo.com and be promoted on the Council website www.rbkc.gov.uk. Surveyors play a vital role in delivering high quality, accurate access information for users of DisabledGo’s website.
DisabledGo is used by over 60,000 people each month – including disabled people, older people and carers, together with their family, friends and colleagues when planning trips and social events.
Temporary Surveyor Job Description
What you would do
- Travel around the borough visiting venues
- Access venues with varying level of accessibility
- Speak to members of staff to gain permission to survey their venue
- Fill in paper based forms
- Collect around 100 pieces of information per venue
- Take accurate measurements, using a tape measure
- Work to an agreed deadline and complete a set number of assessments in that time
- Check your work before sending it to DisabledGo
DisabledGo are committed to making reasonable adjustments. However, to be considered for this role you will need to show us that you:
- Have good listening skills
- Are happy to work outdoors and travel around the area
- Are happy to work independently of our team
- Can use the paper based form (allowing for reasonable adjustments)
- Can collect lots of information accurately
- Have a good standard of written English
- Can work to deadlines
If you would like any more information about the job role or any questions about the survey work, please contact Hannah Salem at DisabledGo on 01438 842710 / email@example.com