On Saturday 29 November at Lacey Contemporary Gallery, Clarendon Cross, artist Christina Mitrentse will be creating a site-specific book inspired floor sculpture in aid of GIVE A BOOK foundation and charity.
The sculpture will be made out of old and new books given by the local community with the aim of raising awareness of the valuable work that local charity GIVE A BOOK does.
All are welcome to come along and get involved, young and old, and share their favourite book and help raise awareness for GIVE A BOOK does.
How to Be Involved:
1) Choose your favourite book – old or new.
2) Bring it to Lacey Contemporary Gallery, 8 Clarendon Cross, W11 4AP on Saturday 29th November between 12pm-4pm.
3) Observe as Christina Mitrentse creates a live installation from your contribution.
4) Choose to either lend the book to the sculpture with it returned to you at the end of the day, OR donate it and it will be given to GIVE A BOOK to pass onto a community project, school or other worthy group.
5) Join everyone at 4pm that day for a conversation with the artist, curator, and general public on the concept of ‘my favourite book’.