Together in Service is a new programme supported by the Department for Communities and Local Government. Its objectives are:
– to celebrate the practical contribution that faith communities make to society through social action
– to support faith groups in undertaking new multi-faith volunteering projects at local level
FaithAction wishes to support a wide range of activities aimed at improving the quality of life for local people. Through the grant making, the aims are to:
– Target community need that is informed by local research and local consultation
– Focus support to achieve maximum effectiveness
– Enhance community and voluntary activity
– Encourage best practice among community and voluntary groups
– Give help where it is needed most
– Contribute to the overall Together in Service objectives.
– Involve faith-based groups/people, with preference for multi-faith projects.
– Engage people from more than one faith community; for example, Buddhists and Muslims, or Jews and Hindus.
– Take place in England.
Grants of between £2,000 and £5,000 are available. Grants of £5,000 will only be awarded to projects that demonstrate a wider impact than projects receiving grants of £2,000.
The next deadline for applications is 3 July 2014.
For more information, please visit here